Thursday, May 23, 2013

I feel a bit like I'm cheating on myself

So I'm a couple of chapters into book 2 in my series, but I have another story rattling around in my head. I'm not sure what to do about it, because I'm afraid writing two totally different books at the same time will really do a number on my brain. I'd hate for Mae to accidentally end up in the woods of Arkansas... she'd probably be pretty pissed about it too, though it would serve her right (just ask Natalie).

This new story is not really new, but something I've been tossing around for a while now. It's set in the backwoods of Arkansas, and while it's paranormal, it's not romance (sorry, ladies!). I'd really like to keep it stewing on the back burner, at least until I get Mae's story finished, but damn... it won't leave me alone.

I'm going to blame Karina Halle for this... as I'm knee-deep and totally addicted to her Experiment in Terror series, and they just put me in the perfect mood to think super-creepy thoughts. Maybe I should stay away from her books until I'm done writing Mae's.

Yeah, that's not going to happen AT ALL.

For now, I'll keep writing Mae's story, but the time may come when I have to start putting this other story on the page and cheating on Mae. On me? Not sure who I'd actually be cheating on here, but the whole thing feels a little seedy anyway. Whatevs, as Mae would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment